Privacy Notice for participants enrolling in European Social Fund (ESF) Operations.
The METaL Project is administered by Swansea University and is part funded using European Structural Funds. In order for you to receive support from the ESF funded METaL Project we, Swansea University are required to collect information from you. All fields are mandatory unless otherwise stated.
All information you provide will be stored and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Information held by Swansea University will be stored for the lifetime of the programme for Welsh Government audit purposes. Information collected and stored by Swansea University will only be used to transfer to the Welsh Government/ Welsh European Funding Office for purposes detailed below.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to access the data the Welsh Government holds about you and to correct the information in the future. For further information on accessing information about you held by the Welsh Government please contact the Welsh European Funding Office Helpline on 08450103355.
For more details regarding Swansea University’s data protection policy or for the procedure for accessing information that is held about you, please visit:-
This privacy notice sets out how the information will be used and who will have access to it. The information collected will be sent to the Welsh Government/Welsh European Funding Office, and in some instances to parties working on their behalf, and used in the following ways:-
- To fulfil the reporting requirements of the European Commission for European Social Fund projects.
- To monitor and report on the number of people taking part in projects and the number of people from different groups being supported (e.g. different ages, genders and ethnicities).
- By the Welsh Government and other public bodies, to carry out the funding, planning, monitoring and inspection of learning, and to produce statistical publications.
- By approved social research organisations, to carry out research, analysis or equal opportunities monitoring.
- For audit/verification purposes by Welsh Government and the European Commission.
- To link your data from this form to other data sources for the purpose of evaluating the impact the project has had on the people who took part.
Research organisations will only contact a sample of individuals. If you are contacted to take part in any research/evaluation about your experience on the project the purpose of the interview or survey will be explained to you and you will be given the option to say yes or no to taking part. You contact details will only be used for approved research purposes and in accordance with the Data Protection Act. The research organisations will delete your contact details once this approved research is complete.