Who should attend?
The course is aimed at people who wish to gain/improve their foundation knowledge in materials and metallurgy. Typical candidates include technical personnel and engineers.
To provide a core understanding of materials engineering and materials properties. The delegate will come away with an understanding of materials structure and properties and relate basic scientific principles to engineering applications.
- On completion of this course you should be able to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the fundamental concepts across a broad number of material families and mechanical properties
- An understanding of materials structure and properties
- An ability to relate basic materials principles to engineering applications
- Materials selection
- Mechanical behaviour of materials
- Atomic structure and bonding
- Crystal structure of solids
- Microstructure of metals and alloys
Assessment2 hour written exam.
DatesDay 1: Wednesday 1st May
Day 2: Thursday 2nd May
Day 3: Friday 3rd May
3 days plus assessment.
Date of assessment to be confirmed with attendee.
LocationBaglan Bay Innovation Centre
To find out more about how much it costs to attend this course and to see if you are eligible for part funding please visit our prices page