Design for Reliability
This three day course provides an overview of practical aspects of reliability engineering methodology and unfolds ways to achieve highly reliable and cost-effective systems demanded by today’s market.
Part Funded from £200
Standard from £400
Who should attend?The course is aimed at people who wish to gain and improve their foundation knowledge in both quality and reliability engineering. Typical candidates include both technical personnel and engineers.
Course aimsTo provide a basic introduction to both quality and reliability engineering. The delegates will acquire a knowledge on system engineering aspects of monitoring, control, reliability, survivability, integrity and maintenance, and relate design for reliability principles to on-site engineering.
Learning outcomesDemonstrate a wide knowledge and comprehensive understanding of reliability engineering principles. Course delegates will be able to critically evaluate design problems, and understand how to apply design for reliability principles.
- Fundamentals of quality and reliability including classification of failures
- System Engineering Approach
- Block diagram analysis (series, parallel, standby and backup systems)
- Cost of Reliability
- Initial cost & post-implementation cost
- Total lifetime operating cost
- Quality (specification, normal distribution and probability)
- Root cause analysis
- Failure modes & eects analysis
- Stress-strength analysis
- Material selection
- Reliability centred maintenance
- Breakdown & preventative maintenance
- Installation & commissioning
- Principles of Design for Reliability
- Element/component selection
- Stress-strength relationship
- Minimum complexity
- System reliability
Assessment2 hour written exam.
DatesDay 1: Monday 2nd July
Day 2: Tuesday 3rd July
Day 3: Wednesday 4th July
3 days plus assessment.
Date of assessment to be confirmed with attendee.
LocationSwansea University Bay Campus
To find out more about how much it costs to attend this course and to see if you are eligible for part funding please visit our prices page