Corrosion and Coatings Technology
This course provides an in-depth understanding of the world of corrosion, the electrochemical mechanisms and methods for preventing corrosion. A good understanding will also be gained of corrosion protective coatings and the technology used to apply them.
£300 per person
£300 per person
Who should attend?
The course will suit technical personnel, engineers and production managers whose roles involve or have an interest in corrosion and coatings technology.
To provide the attendee with the key understanding of corrosion and the role coatings technology plays in preventing it. This will include an appreciation of metallic and organic coatings, their application and also their defects as well as the corrosion mechanisms they are designed to stop.
- Knowledge of common corrosion mechanisms
- Good understanding of different types of coating applications
- An ability to select the correct corrosion resistant coatings for the correct applications
- Introduction to corrosion
- Corrosion mechanisms
- Galvanic corrosion protection
- Applied current protection
- Metallic barrier coatings
- Organic barrier coatings
- Painting technology
Assessment2 hour written exam.
DatesDay 1: Wednesday 10th July
Day 2: Thursday 11th July
Day 3: Friday 12th July
3 days plus assessment.
Date of assessment to be confirmed with attendee.
LocationBaglan Bay Innovation Centre
To find out more about how much it costs to attend this course and to see if you are eligible for part funding please visit our prices page